Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Answers to Life. Do you want to Believe?


Most of the time, people tend to misinterpret the saying 'Live your life to the fullest'. I strongly believe it actually originated from the meaning of as living your life successfully, achieving things you actually can achieve if you try, and not forgetting where you're from. Things that you're blessed with, that sometimes surpasses our mind and we tend to forget easily/take for granted.
To me, a man that achieves success in his career and family is never complete until he meets the characteristics of His spirit.
I humbly admit, that once I was a man of pride, a man who think he knows it all, a man who does not understand TRUELY what this world is of all about. One who listens to music without having the awareness of what it means. Now, I get whole wide perspective of life.. Yes! I finally did. I cant answer questions to how extremely big is the universe, but at least I know the creator of it. I cant explain it in words when being questioned by an unbeliever, "Why is life so unfair? Why are separated into categories of fame, wealth, and those who live just to survive tomorrow?". It is common that I'm bombarded with these questions of skeptics, complaints and blind desperation. Though hard to explain, I have learned to discern in putting all my faith in His ways and thoughts. Thoughts we can even grasp if we were to be told today. I've learned to say, "okay, lets just have faith". Two years ago, faith was never in my dictionary. I couldn't be bothered to shut my mouth and listen, all because of my big ego, closed-mind and habits of believing what I see with my own eyes.
Some answers to life will be kept sealed till God knows when. If He were to tell you why you're your mum's son, how he created the universe, how He had to send His one and only son, Jesus Christ to die for us in order to give us salvation, how scientifically He tells you the concept of sin, water, blood and birth, would you be able to grasp the meaning of these answers? Would you even be prepared to uncover these questions? No. And that is He gave us a life of choice. And what I mean by choice, it is not as simple as just the usual coffee or tea decision-making situation. It is decisions we take step by step, in order with what He pleases, and then you get you get your big day. A big miracle no one can explain. Why someone would drop cash worth of ten thousand dollars in your bank account. Better yet, spiritual blessing instead of material ones!



Things of the world become strangely dim. It doesn't matter anymore. But that does not mean, we should lay around and do nothing about it. God works with us, He does not expect us to utter prayers that sounds like a genie that grants three wishes of yours.
Its true, worldly things cant last forever. The word 'eternal' is usually a metaphor used by unbelievers that means 'until we die" or "until we leave this world". Hey, the word eternal is no longer something that you imagine. It is true.
I know that I will be put to the test, many times to come. How far can He push me, how far can I say no to things that displeases Him. Then again, He doesn't bring us to situations that we cannot withstand. He knows our limits. Choice. How committed do you want to be?
I've have known many people who strays away from their strong trust in Him. Sad, but then again, choices make you who you are, similar to life.

One of my design classes trained us to conduct research in these few themes we chose. Propagandas and so on. Interesting, we learn to study in detail among how all these things occur and come about. God told me to look at the big picture. Wow, now I see everything. I have the least things to say now, unlike the pass skeptical minded me that would whine and complaint about how this is unfair and that is worst. What Im doing, in the design field requires me to understand facts and visualize things that sometimes could be the nastiest way to God. This gives me the disadvantages to the limitation of what I think I can do, but NOT execute. BUT, in the end of the day, its still an advantage. Somehow, I learn to comprehend both sides and managed well.

For the Lord says something that dazzled me for weeks. This is not exact, but it goes something like this, "For the world cannot understand the works of the Spirit, but a man who discerns in the Spirit does". Being the smartest man on Earth does not mean you are able to understand the works of God. It just would not be logical to you. It just wont. I'm not saying that we have to start looking at things in a fantasy-like way though. No need to picture Harry Potter, dragons and things like that.

End of chapter one's sermon from pastor waikit, hahahaahah.

I apologize, for I notice that the points and paragraphs can be arranged in a much better way for easier understanding. I wrote it as I think. God bless you. Now, take some time off, and start thinking about what I have said. It would mean a total change to your life, and many others. Im not kidding you. Thank you to those who taught me a whole load of things that meant a thousand words. Attitude, sayings, humility. To family, friends, and lecturers. =)

No comments: