Monday, June 16, 2008

Grassroots.

Often times I glaze at pictures and videos of a certain somewhere in the world and just like a any kid, dreaming of landing my feet there, breathing the air. Just the thought of being a stranger in a land excites me. That could be one of the biggest reasons I complain less than others do when I'm here in Australia. I just watch one of these Brazilian shows shot at Rio. What a colorful culture I must say.

The question is, is that want to be a stranger just a feeling when I'm all caught in the moment? From then on, the whole backpacking desire comes in. That long strap and strings tied around you while you venture and let your eyes be opened. Not only that, your heart comes together as well. Not only the experience is worthwhile, but the amount of openness you will achieve when you're at the peak of your game. *exhales*

A whole different story. It's quite discouraging, knowing that my average income just doing kitchen work could total up to an estimation of 3,000 dollars. Whereas, an average executive in Malaysia earns about 3-5,000 Ringgit. After the conversion of course, that sums up to 10,000. Now I'm thinking. Why would I work more, and harder when I can earn so much more else where? Then again, I shall worry not, for God provides all the time. Well, I'm actually not worried, but rather just simply questioning.

There are too many things that I want to accomplish in my life. Too many things that I desire to experience. The second half of that sentence, is those experiences and accomplishment aren't just any tomdickharry's. It has to be God-pleasing. Or at least my understanding of God-pleasing.

Moving on to another thought. I've been exposed a lot here, in the knowledge on things that are quite an issue, yet silenced. Things like, Natural Family Planning. Just the one topic, is such a big discussion. And hearing theories and thoughts from others definitely changed my mind. Plus, I think my typical quick-to-judge inner attitude's slowly in control. With a lot of practice and wisdom taught, or else it wouldn't be easy. We're all looking to move on. I drew a thousand routes by now, just waiting for a voice to command. Coincidentally, a lot of these thoughts and teachings I want to share with a particular group can't be done. Simply because they happen to not be around me. It would probably help if I start jotting down some thoughts from now on.

So many things seem unimportant in my eyes now. I'm going back to the basics. Family, friendship and just spreading the love. So many distractions, so many challenges. The world's turning upside down. God be with us.

No comments: