Monday, April 28, 2008

WWJD?

After coming up with different thoughts, both random and discussed. I think I've finally came up with that one big question of life's goals. Been always questioned with all these big questions which I can't really answer. That's maybe because I have this stereotyped thinking, somehow linking it to career or jobs. Something I wanna touch about in this post.

I think after a fair discussion and exchanging opinions, I can boldly say that I'm not going to be involved in a certain one thing for too long. That's what I want to do. This also depends on my life calling as well. Of course, sacrifices will be made. People may be thinking that I am not a loyal/entrusted person for my constant changes (which some people experience due to their attitude or somehow something might've happened I don't know). But this is entirely different. I have that desire of wanting to try out different things, experiencing different culture and workplaces, learning the big things to petty little technical things.

The world may run with an education system that may say a doctor is more 'useful' than a bus driver/janitor. But being given a question of contribution, I think you can't compare one another by giving a certain rank whatsoever. An engineer contributes more than a technician, says who? A executive more than a bus driver, says who? If you have the opportunity to be an executive, at the same time having that passion of driving a bus, why not do it? There's two parts to it. One that has no choice but to be a bus driver, another one that has different options but chooses not to because it's frowned upon. I'm speaking about the second one. The world's education system somehow restricts some of us to learn/do things we don't want to. I honestly do not mind gaining knowledge, if the course doesn't run by a set of rule. Then again, everything has to have a system, which I totally understand. But wouldn't it be nice if it doesn't. I would love to learn about the Mayans, the Pyramids, the supernaturals, distinct subcultures, the universe, religion, etcetera. But not on a free time or as a hobby.

If it'd be ran in a course, I'd not complain at all. Guess I'll not allow the particular system and people's opinion restrict me from whatever I want to do. Hey, it's still education, I don't think its a waste of time at all. We make decisions that affect us, and some that even affect others. Just have to be wise in whatever decisions we make, and when the sacrifices has to be made, whether its worth while or not.

So far, I guess nothing allows me to. And so, all I'm going to do is switch jobs and enjoy myself as I enjoy living my life. It'd be a good learning process. If given a choice, I would not want to spend 40 years sitting in the same desk. Don't get me wrong, I admire people who can do that, but I can't, that's just not me. I'd go out and experience what God has created. What God has made so beautiful, to the things/places that man chooses to screw up. I'd love to speak to strangers and impact them one way or another. Adrian showed me an article in the papers, and its about two ministers that are pilots, flying their private plane around the world to preach the word of God. How cool is that. I totally don't mind packing up to follow them. I'll entrust whatever I have in mind to Him. Workable or not, I'm sure He'll make a way. He have been anyways. I have my wildest dreams. Now time for me to patch up a couple of things, and start living it.

No comments: